Saturday, June 27, 2009

Split-S Video and Scare!

I went out flying today, thinking why not fly really high and do some split-s manouvers now that I can surely control the helicopter :P

Well, all went well, 'till the third split-s: I started too low, and ended up dropping the heli into a clearing and I couldn't see it anymore!!! :o :o :o

It immediately hit me like a well-exercised routine: throttle to full, full left rudder, EXECUTE! I did this, and hoped for the best. I heard something behind the trees, and sure enough - praise God - up she came again! After some confusion, I got it in the right orientation again and saved the game.

Another thing that I've thought of, is that if you heli drifts far from you, you should turn it sideways so you can see the tail clearly. From that point you know which way you are turning. Thats what I did here, another thing I learned from a previous bad experience.

VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment